[asa] Re: test post

From: David Clounch <david.clounch@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Dec 08 2008 - 23:04:52 EST

A number pf people replied privately. The results were scattered.

EST 6:26 would be the same as CST 5:26. EDT and CDT would match the same
way. Someone reported Monday 8th instead of Sunday 7th. But my email
directly back to me said Sunday 7th. Seems like email through the web server
to the list, and back, said Dec 8.

This was sent via browser. So if the server was not in central time my
laptop could say one time but the web server could say something else. But
why would one recipient see Dec 7 and another Dec 8th ? As the originating
time, I mean.
Of course receipt itself could be at different times.

A mystery! Very interesting. I am not at all sure I understand how web
mail works.

Thanks,
Dave C