[asa] Nanotechnology & Religion

From: Christine Smith <christine_mb_smith@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Dec 08 2008 - 09:30:19 EST

Hi all,

FYI - A BBC story on a study about religion & nanotechnology: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7767192.stm.

Of particular note is this little excerpt:
"The researchers say it is understandable that there would be a conflict between religious belief and nanotechnology, especially when looking at what they call "nano-bio-info-cogno" (NBIC) technologies, the potential to create life at a nano scale without divine intervention."

Sounds like we all could have some fun debating/debunking that notion...

In Christ,
Christine (ASA member)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight" ~II Corinthians 5:7

Help save the life of a homeless animal--visit www.azrescue.org to find out how.

Recycling a single aluminum can conserves enough energy to power your TV for 3 hours--Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! Learn more at www.cleanup.org