Re: [asa] Divine action and QM--a major ID supporter weighs in--for Timaeus

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Sun Dec 07 2008 - 09:20:59 EST

I would question whether "the medieval discussion made it clear that they were spirits and consequently not extended" is the best way to put it. More accurate might be
"medieval speculations concluded that they were spirits and consequently not extended." There is really no reason why we should regard the elaborate angelologies of the Middle Ages (& their descendants in protestant scholasticism) as anything more than interesting theories which we should respect but feel free to modify or drop if reasoned reflection on scripture & our experience of the world suggests that.

Shalom
George
http://home.neo.rr.com/scitheologyglm