Re: [asa] Divine action and QM--a major ID supporter weighs in--for Timaeus

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Fri Dec 05 2008 - 17:46:46 EST

Ted,
I don't see the problem except as one that is man made. I believe that
God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnific. As such, he can do what he
pleases without me being able to catch on to the how. The problem comes
because some people insist on knowing how it was done. Maybe they got it
right, but maybe they got it wrong. And it is quite probable that they
don't know enough to understand the correct answer. God is at least a wee
bit smarter than we.

There is, I think, a similarity to the activity of sleight-of-hand
experts. I have been shown how a few of the tricks work, though I am too
clumsy to manage the moves myself. But the Magnificent Randy knew the
moves and exposed some religious charlatans. Of course, some of my
brethren are so understanding that they know God did it, that it wasn't a
midway trick.
Dave (ASA)