RE: [asa] $4 gas is here to stay

From: skrogh. <panterragroup@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri Dec 05 2008 - 11:38:50 EST

However, when prices went up without Government's hand's snatching it up, it
actually produced for the economy instead of stifling it. Drilling spiked
substantially in my area, raising the generally economy as increased
business benefited everyone, even the taxing jurisdiction's coffers. Now
that prices have fallen, drilling has slowed down as expected, and layoffs
are occurring. Tacking on taxes to the price of gas will not create those
jobs or support businesses. However, it will increase the general misery, as
well as the taxing jurisdiction's coffers.