Re: [asa] $4 gas is here to stay

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 05 2008 - 10:45:31 EST

Probably so.

If gas HAD been taxed starting in 2001 to a consumer price of
$4.00/gallon, we would have grumbled a lot -- and we would have had
surpluses to spend on the infrastructure -- the Saudi's would have
not received as many dollars -- and alternative energy research would
be a lot farther along.

On 12/5/08, skrogh. <panterragroup@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Since it was at around $4/gal that people's driving habits changed, our
> leaders will see this as a new threshold for how much tax can be tacked onto
> a gallon of gas before we really feel it.

Burgy
www.burgy.50megs.com