Re: [asa] Why it's not as simple as God vs the multiverse

From: Merv <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Fri Dec 05 2008 - 09:02:36 EST

Thanks --I hadn't seen the various universe/multiverse possibilities
tabulated that way before, and I'm reminded of misplaced smugness and
finality that still eludes any pithy analogies such as this one.

And realizing the offensive tone my previous conclusion may have with ID
adherents, I also hasten to add that my comparison of "strong ID" to a
mere foyer through which some may travel to reach "more mature faith",
is not meant as commentary on the scientific status of any ID, weak or
strong. I was only strongly suggesting that ID, while initially
attractive to some, will not make a permanent theological pillar that
bears much weight. So in theological life, the Christian who did have
this as a stepping stone had best keep moving, though it is always
appropriate to keep an attentive ear to developments on how much support
is found for a general design conclusion.

--Merv