Re: [asa] The theist challenge

From: Nucacids <nucacids@wowway.com>
Date: Thu Dec 04 2008 - 22:22:51 EST

Hi Bernie,

I think this is because there are two common interpretations of "faith" out
there. For most atheists, faith is a bad word and it basically means
"belief without evidence." But for most theists, it basically means
"trust." Since no human is omniscient or omnipotent, all humans must at
various points rely on faith, or trust. As for the first defintion, many
athiets have faith in themselves - they have faith that they really have
developed a outlook that does not allow beliefs without evidence.

-Mike