Re: [asa] Why it's not as simple as God vs the multiverse

From: gordon brown <Gordon.Brown@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Thu Dec 04 2008 - 16:01:26 EST

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Jack wrote:

> My concern about such a dichotomy isnt so much that there could be a
> third alternative, but that it is assumed that the two possibilites given
> are mutually exclusive. If the multiverse is true, does that prove that
> God does not exist?

No. God should be capable of creating more than just our universe. Theism
is not a science stopper.

I noticed that the author of the article said that the ID community has
tried to paint rational people as Satan's minions. It seems that she has a
very narrow definition of what it means to be rational.

Gordon Brown (ASA member)