Re: Polanyi on science (was Re: [asa] C.S. Lewis on ID)

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Wed Dec 03 2008 - 09:46:28 EST

Hmm. Your use of "consistency" comes as such a surprise I need to pursue this just a bit further. As an ex-physicist I've taken lots of math courses and even an upper-level philosophy course or two (albeit in the distant past). I yield to you on usage in philosophy, but I don't recall a mathematician ever using "consistency" as a math term. With powerful words like proof, equality and identity, why would they need, and where would they use, "consistency"?

Don