Re: [asa] The theist challenge

From: Schwarzwald <schwarzwald@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 00:03:22 EST

Phil,

I'd actually go one better. An atheist can even concede that our universe
was definitely designed by a person - but that said designer(s) was not God
in the theistic sense. It could be a computer simulation, for example. Paul
Davies even gets into this, I believe, when talking about what is entailed
with a multiverse scenario. Other atheist philosophers have explored the
possibility as well.

To that end, I'd agree that science cannot settle - and can barely inform -
this issue.