RE: [asa] Advice for conversing with YECs

From: Lawrence Johnston <>
Date: Sun Oct 26 2008 - 12:45:40 EDT

Hi, all -

I think it can be helpful to look at what human remains the
paleontolagists have dug up.

When writing up a bible-and-science piece awhile back, I decided to get
information from the view of an Anthropologist on our campus. I asked
him whether Anthropologists used the term "Neolithic Revolution" and he
said they certainly did, and it was a big revolution, the advent of
agriculture and animal husbandry among humans. It was accompanied by
great innovations in making stone tools. I asked him when this
revolution happened, and he said about 8 thousand years ago. Also he
said that skeletons resembling those of modern humans came along about
100,000 years ago. Neanderthals started about 20,000 years ago, and
recently went extinct.

So I think it is a good conjecture that the Neolithic Revolution was
when Adam came along, and was thrown out of the garden, and he had to
work for a living. Making Man of "dust from the ground" can be taken
as being that Adam's material body was taken from the material body of
an existing Hominid. This also calls for a cerebral miracle worked on
Adam's brain.

 I call this paradigm "Old Earth, Young Adam".

Larry Johnston

Lawrence H. Johnston home: 917 E. 8th st.

professor of physics, emeritus Moscow, Id 83843

University of Idaho (208) 882-2765

Fellow of the American Physical Society

<> =====

To unsubscribe, send a message to with