Re: [asa] Rejoinder 4D from Timaeus – to Ted Davis: Martian Sculptures and Owen Gingerich

From: David Opderbeck <>
Date: Mon Oct 06 2008 - 22:29:54 EDT

Timaeus said: Yet, if we accept Gingerich's account here as a tentative
explanation, clearly God is being mixed up with natural causes.

I respond: This is getting tiresome because you're still not willing to
consider that "causes" can be both "natural" and "of God." You've admitted,
I think, that the "cause" of the birth of a baby is both "natural" and
"God's will." Why can't there be multiple levels of causation elsewhere in

David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law
Seton Hall University Law School
To unsubscribe, send a message to with