Re: [asa] Rejoinder 3B: Reply to David Opderbeck

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue Sep 30 2008 - 19:52:41 EDT

Dennis,

Thanks for addressing at least one of the questions, along with your seemingly rather anxious mudslinging (which almost everyone so far except you has done well to avoid in these engaging conversations with Timaeus, whose name you rather impolitely shorten to 'Tim' - don't worry, I won't interpret it as disrespect to Plato too! :).

Actually, you only half-answered the simple, direct first question: Do you consider yourself a 'Darwinist' or accept 'Darwinism'?

No need to turn it around, dance with it and say you don't know what 'theistic Darwinist' means.

It was a simple question: do you (or do you not) consider yourself a 'Darwinist' or accept 'Darwinism'?

The second question remains on the table: is there anything at all about 'Darwinian mechanisms' that you are skeptical about? Your sentence that began with "Now as to mechanisms..." didn't address my question or Timaeus' argument. I trust that you've read the thread enough to know what Timaeus means by 'Darwinian mechanisms.'

If you cannot or will not (i.e. refuse to) answer these questions, I'll consider it a point in favour of Timaeus' argument. Otherwise, as for your ideological barbs and rhetorical questions, I'm not really that concerned to read it.

Gregory