Re: [asa] Conversation with Timaeus

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Mon Sep 29 2008 - 14:59:04 EDT

As a philosopher, I think I know something about the difference between
philosophy, theology and biological science. TE, by virtue of specifying
"theistic" has to depart from pure science, in the contemporary sense. So
to argue that TE is more philosophy that science is totally irrelevant to
discrediting it. On the other hand, to claim that we can test for the
presence of God in repeated phenomenal observations is not scientific. I
rate it as philosophical without any sophia. You may want to repeat that
in more earthy terms.

First causes are not what science studies.
Dave (ASA)

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 02:26:59 -0500 "Jon Tandy" <tandyland@earthlink.net>