Re: [asa] writing DNA...

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 29 2008 - 13:08:33 EDT

Freshwater mussels have in their cytochrome oxidase I gene "GAINFIST".
 Perhaps they're seeking to find a way to get back at us for
destroying their habitat and wiping out so many species. IRAEL is
also in that gene-almost Israel, and I'm sure one could devise
explanations for the missing S. I don't know if there's an equivalent
set of Hebrew letters used to code for amino acids in Israeli
molecular biology; I wouldn't be surprised if they just use the
standard Latin alphabet ones, but you could always find transliterated
Hebrew, etc.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections