[asa] Re: [asa] Re: [asa] Rejoinder 2B from Timaeus – to Don Nield

From: Nucacids <nucacids@wowway.com>
Date: Mon Sep 29 2008 - 04:37:35 EDT

Hi Don,

“I take the opportunity to point out the change between Denton's ETC and
his ND is an illustration of a weakness of the ID (DI type) argument
based on deficiencies in current scientific understanding -- a "designer
of the gaps" type argument.”

I would agree. Denton’s approach (since ND) has been a positive, rather
than a negative approach.

“Yes, but I would use the term "limited" rather than "futile". It
does help to group people into bands on a spectrum provided that this is
done along a specified axis, and one is aware that people simultaneously
vary along other axes.”

To what end does this help? What’s the purpose of the grouping? Is this an
exercise in trying to figure out who is in the out-group?

- Mike