Re: [asa] Conversation with Timaeus, part one

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 05:50:50 EDT

My "hesitations" about TE had - & have - to do with the terminology, not the substance.

"I do not rule out some small number of miraculous interventions in the evolutionary process" simply because I do not rule out miracles in general. I see no reason why the origin or development of life must involve miracles. (I use "miracles" there in a traditional sense, phenomena beyond the capacities of creaturely agency. Not everything commonly called a miracle is one in that sense.) Just because a person believes that miracles have occurred doesn't mean he/she thinks they have been part of the process of biological evolution. Conflation of the question of miracles with that of visible/invisible TE (which I think is not terribly helpful terminology) confuses matters.

Shalom
George
http://home.neo.rr.com/scitheologyglm