Re: [asa] Conversation with Timaeus, part one

From: Nucacids <nucacids@wowway.com>
Date: Tue Sep 23 2008 - 21:44:31 EDT

Hi David,

"Honestly, Mike, I think you overstate the number and import of the cyber-grassroots "iconoclasts, oddballs, and rabbit lovers" for ID. Yes, on a few blogs and web boards like UD there are a handful of such folks who are vocal. But let's get real: the energy, money, and political capital of the ID movement comes from conservative Christians who think it is a way to refute CD."

Yes, that's the ID movement. But that's not what I am talking about; I'm talking folks who are not part of the movement. You are probably right in that I overstate the number and import of the cyber-grassroots (at least in the obvious sense), but it remains a fact that there are many people out there who would call themselves ID proponents or ID sympathizers, yet also accept CD. In fact, there are many who not call themselves conservative Christians.

- Mike