Re: [asa] Conversation with Timaeus, part one

From: <gmurphy10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Tue Sep 23 2008 - 12:39:39 EDT

Sure, we might speak differently about what had happened & get into a debate about how to understand miracles. But as people of faith we'd all be in a position to grasp the sign value of the event - which doesn't mean we automatically would. Part of the judgment expressed in the 4th Gospel is that people didn't see what the signs were pointing to - Jn.12:37.

But all of this about Cana is really outside the topic of "natural theology" because what happened at Cana was part of God's historical revelation - "special revelation" in contrast to a supposed "general revelation." Of course if you want to call Cana or other things Jesus did or said God's "fingerprints" I won't object but that's not the kind of thing Johnson meant.

Shalom,
George