Re: [asa] Conversation with Timaeus, part one

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue Sep 23 2008 - 08:20:04 EDT

Please excuse George, but your Trinitarian theology seems to be rather imbalanced. Where is the Holy Spirit? Is it a Lutheran shortcoming to go light on the Spirit and to weigh heavily on 'the cross'? The idea that you would play the 'John Galt' (Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged) in this conversation is to me rather ironic (given that Marxism shined weight heavily on the 'economic' realm at the cost of other realms, such as the spiritual).

For example, you write: "we can't know anything about God (i.e., who God is) from observation of the world & use of reason, independently of God's historical revelation centered in Jesus Christ."

Thus, anyone who was born before the Christ could not, according to your definition "know anything about God."

This seems rather skewed to me. It appears that your over-focus on visible vs. invisible, and of the 'hiddenness' of God would disqualify you as an even-handed critic in this case. You are thus an 'invisible theistic evolutionist' and cannot fathom of the possibility of 'visible theistic evolution.' Thus your 'rejection of natural theology' could in fact impair you from understanding the argument presented by Timaeus and other IDists, on the basis of your particular 'kenotic' (two-out of-three trinitarian) theology.

8 times you write 'cross' in your post, but not once Spirit.

Gregory