Re: [asa] meteorites in the geologic column

From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
Date: Mon Sep 22 2008 - 11:39:43 EDT

We should indeed call a spade a spade. As has been frequently pointed out on this site, the tone and manner with which we do so has as much impact as the content. We can call something ridiculous without using ridicule or sarcasm. This is why I felt it was important to call the RATE conclusions "deception." Effective communication means understanding the audience and keeping them engaged. Our audience ranges from the secular scientist watching to see how we address bad science to the church youth leaders devotedly teaching YEC to their students and everything in between. I agree with you--we need to speak clearly and strongly against all misrepresentation and erroneous claims of science. These are not in the category of "honest disagreement among Christians."

Randy