Re: [asa] Microevolution

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Fri Sep 19 2008 - 23:25:06 EDT

If you can get over the restriction of "kind" in English usage, with
emphasis springing from Creationists, there should be no problem. Genesis
1:11 says that every kind of fruit tree was ordered; v. 12 says that
every kind of herb and every kind of fruit tree were brought forth. V. 21
says that every kind of sea creature and every kind of bird were created.
Vv. 23f say as much for every sort of land animal according to their
divisions. In every case there were a number of entities in the group.
Human beings are NOT after their kind. This has nothing to do with
reproduction, but with the fact that only one "species" was known. But
now we could talk about members of genus /Homo/ after their kind. If you
check through the times the phrase is used in the Leviticus and
Deuteronomy passages, you'll discover that the noun applied where there
was more than one distinguishable entity. For example, "raven" included
various black birds, the local members of the Corvidae. The term was not
used of swine, camels, coneys, hares, etc., which were considered a
single class.
Dave (ASA)