[asa] meteorites in the geologic column

From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
Date: Fri Sep 19 2008 - 15:46:46 EDT

This morning as I was scanning radio stations in the car, I came across John MacArthur's "Grace to You" program.
http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Grace_to_You/
Since Sept. 8 he has been doing a series on creation and today he was talking about Day 3. No, I haven't gone back to listen to all those segments. Reading the blurbs is enough of an indication of his message.

Today he brought up a YEC claim that I hadn't investigated myself and I wondered if any of you had. His point was that if the meteor flux was essentially constant over the geologic periods, then meteorites should be found throughout the historical sedimentary rocks. Yet, he says, no meteorites have ever been found other than at the surface. Hence, there was no extended age of the universe prior to the flood when all the sedimentary rock was deposited.

What is the actual distribution of meteorites with respect to location in the strata?

Randy