RE: [asa] LHC, TOE, and the limits of knowledge

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Thu Sep 18 2008 - 14:59:17 EDT

I think your designs also evolve. You're not going to do thousands of cores until you do a few. Even the creativity you have in creating new architectures is born out of previous experience gained personally and from others. None of your designs are by fiat, which I think is the opposite of evolution.

Sure- evolution also makes bad things, but I also think it makes all the wonderful things. I like how CS Lewis talks about it in his last chapter of "Mere Christiainty" and uses evolution for an analogy for a spiritual sense.

I also work in computer design.

...Bernie