Re: [asa] Providence and ID

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu Sep 18 2008 - 05:24:59 EDT

David Campbell wrote:
"ID actually endorses methodological naturalism. It is in the explanations, not the methods, where ID wants to be non-naturalistic.  ID doesn't claim, e.g., "go meditate, and the truth of design will be revealed to you".  It claims that you can go out and do regular science using natural methods and design just pops out of doing that."

This is a key! One almost needs to employ the term 'design-ism' to describe it. But you folks are already flush with -isms to contend with. That's enough to call the house.

In dialogue with the dissenters...

G.A.