RE: [asa] LHC, TOE, and the limits of knowledge

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Sep 16 2008 - 17:07:06 EDT

"I don't see how we can ever get anything in the neighborhood of the LHC energy on a tabletop."

That's because you are using current understanding with current knowledge. You don't yet know of the new inventions, new knowledge, and new technology. It is like the people with Eniac not knowing about transistors and binary computing as we do today to accomplish what we do today.

"Where a computer like the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes and weigh only 1 1/2 tons."
Popular Mechanics, March 1949

...Bernie