Re: [asa] Providence?

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Tue Sep 16 2008 - 15:02:32 EDT

Gregory - Sorry for the delay - our power was out for nearly 2 days due to winds associated with Ike.

Not to be argumentative (for a change!) but it seems to me that at least in some ways process thought makes more sense in the personal-social realm than in that dealt with by the physical sciences. The idea that God acts by persuasion makes a lot more sense in dealing with people than with protons where, if the idea is to be used, it requires some sort of panpsychism, which even at a minimal level makes little sense to me.

I know a bit about sophiology 2d hand from readings on Orthodox theology but certainly claim no expertise. Bulgakov is one of those people I have on my mental "should read some of" list but haven't yet. As I noted before, vita brevis.

Shalom
George
http://home.neo.rr.com/scitheologyglm