RE: [asa] LHC, TOE, and the limits of knowledge

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Mon Sep 15 2008 - 09:00:53 EDT

The issue of emergent properties, e.g. life, consciousness and
rationality, is shrouded with mystery. In physics, emergent properties
are all purely physical in nature and some nonphysical concept such as
wetness, say, refers to the interaction of humans with fluids and thus
is not a purely physical concept.

Moorad