Re: [asa] Isaiah 11:6: Wolf and Lamb

From: Bethany Sollereder <bsollereder@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 15 2008 - 01:03:36 EDT

David,

I'd agree with Moyter that it is a reference to Eden. It is saying that the
eschaton will be like the garden. But as you ask, how can we be sure if the
shalom of the eschaton will be real if Eden was an accommodation? Simply
because Christ has been raised from the dead. Because Jesus was raised from
the dead, we can be sure that God's promises of resurrection will also be
followed through on.

Keep in mind that the things we see as accomodation, they saw as "literal"
or real and true. But however you understand the passage to play out, it is
certainly a recycling of Genesis 2 motifs.

Bethany