Re: [asa] Providence?

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 19:58:47 EDT

Hello George,

Thanks for clarifying again your position towards process philosophy and process theology. One small assumption, if I may make it, is that your view is process philosophy *can be* rather than necessarily *is* useful, depending on context and user. As you know I am challenging the proliferation of process philosophy in human-social thought (via evolutionism) where I find it to be a great danger if not destructive source of / contribution to knowledge.

May I ask another question, since you have volunteered your lack of knowledge of anthroposophy and theosophy? Have you studied the tradition of 'sophiology' at all or of the divine Sophia, e.g. in the tradition of Fr. Sergius Bulgakov? If not, there will be a blog conference that may be of interest here: http://www.thelandofunlikeness.com/2008-bulgakov-blog-conference/. It is certainly different from both R. Steiner and M. Blavatsky, i.e. closer to the core of Christian thought and to your Lutheran tradition, likewise involving more 'eastern' ideas than are commonly found at ASA.

Shalom,
Gregory