RE: [asa] Interesting web site

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 13:34:31 EDT

Hi Gordon:

There is a Jasher and a "pseudo-Jasher," but I don't claim any
authenticity for either. Anything that old would be in dispute no
matter what. I would find quite curious this verse for one example:
(Jasher 12:69) "And Abram ceased to speak, when Noah and his son Shem
answered Terah, saying, True is the word which Abram hath said unto
thee."

This would put Noah as contemporary with an adult Abraham. Unlikely if
there are ten generation between them and too much time according to the
Septuagint's chronology.

Further in 7:19, "Shem begat Arpachshad and Arpachshad begat Shelach
..." as per the Masoretic text yet Canain is in Septuagint and in Luke,
so this writer obviously followed the Hebrew text containing the
deletion adding information as it suited him rather than being an
independent account.

Dick Fischer, GPA president
Genesis Proclaimed Association
www.genesisproclaimed.org