RE: [asa] Forums?

From: James Patterson <james000777@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri Sep 12 2008 - 07:36:23 EDT

I'm from Louisiana.

We have gators generating the power. :)

But seriously, a good forum program can easily be configured to turn off
graphics. Should be no difference in speed for dial-up, AAMOF, just use a
text-based browser. Phpbb isn't bad, especially if you pay for the higher
end one. However there are nice packages that are completely free, use php
and mysql.

It's not that I can't live with listserves...I can. But I've used both
forums and listserves - the forum is better for looking back in time at
threads, for searching, for archiving, for organizing. There really isn't
much competition there. The problem is always getting folks to change.
Grumpy old theologians aren't about changing their ways, lol.

God bless,

James Patterson, Shreveport