Re: [asa] Providence?

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Thu Sep 11 2008 - 14:06:38 EDT

I have to disagree with your definitions. A TE cannot be a panentheist,
although one may subscribe to open theology. A theist holds that God is
not part of creation, except in the incarnation. Open theology fudges
this a bit, in making the deity's knowledge and activity restricted to
time. They argue that no one can experience what does not yet exist,
whereas classical theism does not restrict God's knowledge. Neither
restricts his creative power. Next is the deist, who holds that there is
a Creator, but he does not involve himself in the world until the final
judgment. Panentheists and pantheists make the deity a part of the world.
The difference is that pantheists identify deity and world, while
panenthists let the deity have some independence from it.
Dave (ASA)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:40:39 -0400 "David Opderbeck"