RE: [asa] The Big Sleep

From: Jon Tandy <tandyland@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Sep 11 2008 - 08:04:14 EDT

"I DO find the A4 paper thing quite remarkable -- but that's as much
satisfaction as you'll get from me on the subject. Had you merely stopped at
declaring "here's a remarkable numerical curiosity" I wouldn't have a
problem, but to suggest it proves something?"

Murray,

Perhaps it proves that the A4 style of paper was divinely inspired, since it
preserves certain mathematical curiosities similar to the first verse of
Genesis? If so, this is an interesting point, although I'm not quite sure
what value it is to know that a certain manmade object has these patterns.

Jon Tandy