[asa] Providence?

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 22:35:52 EDT

James - apropos your question below, it depends of course on just what you mean by "providence" and "TE." My own approach is set out in my book The Trademark of God, especially chapters 6 and 8. To use traditional language, the overall process of evolution can be understood in terms of God's cooperation with natural processes. I.e., God is active throughout the evolutionary process, acting with the chemical, environmental &c interactions that are involved. Moreover, God limits divine action to what can be accomplished through those processes. Even with that limitation, the freedom that is inherent in natural processes because of quantum & chaos theories provides scope for God's "special providence" and divine governance.

Shalom
George
http://home.neo.rr.com/scitheologyglm

From: James Patterson <james000777@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 22:04:58 EDT

What place does God's providence have in TE? How does it fit in?