Re: [asa] Forums?

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 22:27:26 EDT

We've been over this a zillion times. Even better would be a blog. The
reason seems to be partly inertia, partly luddite, partly historical. There
are some initiatives in the works but not quite a forum or a blog.

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:39 PM, James Patterson
<james000777@bellsouth.net>wrote:

> Why is this listserve still using a listserve; when you already have a
> forum?
>
> I've been trying to talk RTB into using one - they of course say they want
> to - but are "working on it".
>
> [tongue in cheek]
>
> It would certainly be more evolutionarily advanced.
>
> [/tongue]
>
> :)
>
> If it's just a phpbb thing, there are many different programs available.
> And
> Phpbb, while common, isn't great, imho. Would it help if I (and we all)
> just
> start using the forum? Or are there die hard listserve zealots here who
> refuse to evolve?

David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law
Seton Hall University Law School