[asa] Providence?

From: James Patterson <james000777@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 22:04:58 EDT

What place does God's providence have in TE? How does it fit in?

This seems to be a critical point in the intersection of various worldviews.

I've already said this before, but "more later". On the way back from my
recent business trip (said weekend when I joined ASA) I wrote 7 pages of
text on legal-sized tablets. This because I was given these tablets at the
meeting and didn't wish to stop writing on the plane when all must stow
electronics, etc.

I need more input from you to forumulate :) these pages into something that
I can release for comments.

One thing that comes to mind as I write this is that this field is so
complex that a simple email/listserve/forum reply is not adequate to answer.
One needs a book to reply. While we live in an information society, and have
machines that can process information in mass quantities and at great
speeds, our own cortical processors still operate at essentially the same
speed as when we were created (or evolved, whichever you prefer). Thus, the
quantity of information that we have that is relevant is massive, and grows
by the minute, but the quantity of information that we can process per
minute is static. Hmm.

Regards, JP