RE: [asa] biological evolution and a literal Adam- logically inconsistent?

From: James Patterson <james000777@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 21:33:33 EDT

Same story - sent this AM, but didn't go to it's delivery place.

> Is the story of the fall literal or figurative? It seems to me that the
vast

> majority of Christians go agnostic on that question, because it is so
difficult

> to deal with the ramifications. For example, I don't think I found any
definite

> answers from Hugh Ross' ministry (Reasons to Believe- Old Earth
Creationist) on

> it (I didn't do a thorough search, so if someone knows his take, you can
share).

I'm getting to this party late, and will be late for work if I comment as
long as I want to, but once again, just let me promise more on this topic,
and leave it for later.

There is much to be learned on this topic from Ross' Book, "A Matter of
Days". You can find one on Amazon used if cost is an issue. I highly
recommend the book, regardless of whether or not you agree with RTB's
position, because it forms the foundation for so much of RTB's position.and
more than adequately answers your questions.

And you need to use Google to search reasons.org, because their search
engine is horrible! J

James Patterson