RE: [asa] Greetings - An introduction

From: Ted Davis <tdavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 21:06:34 EDT

Dick,

At least by the definitions I am using, Dana and some other PCs have
accepted common ancestry for nearly all modern animals. This differs from
your statement, which (I agree) accurately describes Ross: "Progressive
Creationists reject mutual, shared, common ancestry for existing species
altogether." This does not apply at all to Dana and those similar to him:
THIS is where we differ, Dick. William Jennings Bryan, e.g., privately
admitted that he would actually have a problem with a view like Dana's,
though he publicly supported a more traditional creationist position.

Ted