Re: [asa] biological evolution and a literal Adam- logically inconsistent?

From: Bethany Sollereder <bsollereder@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 10:04:21 EDT

Hey,

I think the picture of one river becoming four is a picture of extreme
abundance, not a handy travelers guide on where to find Eden. As you
pointed out Gordon, other river join the Tigris and Euphrates. That is the
normal way of rivers - tributaries join the main flow. For this river to
work backwards, and to make the two greatest rivers of Babylon, meant
richness beyond compare - in the dry middle east, water is life.

Bethany