Re: [asa] The Big Sleep

From: <>
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 10:41:07 EDT

> Tell you what, Vernon, rather than play the hypothetical game - why don't you
> cite a contemporary case of demon possession of the sort encountered in Mark,
> and your reasons for believing it to be just that sort of case, and then we'll
> talk some more.

This is a fascinating topic to me, and when I read this, I had to reply.
Please see my article on the TNRTB site here (yes, that's my ugly mug):
Testing Demonic Possession

As an Emergency Psychiatrist myself, the refereenced article (original here: by Gallagher who is himself an Emergency Psychiatrist is quite interesting. He is Catholic, and of course the Catholic Church is the only one (that I am aware of) still involved in exorcism. Dr. Gallagher was not invovled in the exorcism per se; just the psychiatric evaluation that came beforehand.

Now given, you won't find this kind of research in the American Journal of Psychiatry. :) But still, to the Christian, this is pretty good stuff.

Kind regards,

To unsubscribe, send a message to with