Re: [asa] The end is near? LHC

From: Jack Syme <drsyme@verizon.net>
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 06:09:42 EDT

I read one of the papers from one of the german physicists who are protesting the collider. His response to the cosmic ray comparison was to say that the mini-black holes, if formed, would differ from those possibly produced by cosmic ray collisions because the mini-black holes that could be formed in the LHC would have the property of symmetry.

I dont have the background to evaluate whether or not this is true, or if it even would make a difference.