RE: [asa] Another Reason Design Arguments are Important

From: George Cooper <georgecooper@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Sep 08 2008 - 14:51:31 EDT

For the biologists..

http://www.astrobio .net/amee/ summer_2008/ Retrospections/
<http://www.astrobio.net/amee/summer_2008/Retrospections/JohnRapBio.php>
JohnRapBio. php

Coope

From: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu [mailto:asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu] On
Behalf Of Iain Strachan
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 1:04 PM
To: David Opderbeck
Cc: ASA
Subject: Re: [asa] Another Reason Design Arguments are Important

While we're in the mood for light relief, here's a brilliant rap from
YouTube composed by a science writer at CERN to explain how the Large Hadron
Collider works. I put it on my blog site:

http://iainstrachan.blogspot.com/2008/09/large-hadron-collider-rap.html

Interestingly it turned out to be rather more controversial than I'd
imagined. Normally just about no-one except people I already know reads my
humble blog; yet within an hour of posting this item, there appeared two
comments from people I'd never heard of, one of which contained a long
screed about how the LHC is going to create black holes that are going to
swallow up the earth.

I endeavoured to give a polite response, as I usually do with Young
Earthers.

Anyway, hurry up and enjoy the rap before the countdown to apocalyptic
destruction of the Earth begins on Wednesday!

(BTW the rapping is good, but the dancing is AWFUL!)

Iain

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:31 PM, David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>