Re: [asa] (fall) biological evolution and a literal Adam- logically inconsistent?

From: Bethany Sollereder <bsollereder@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 06 2008 - 13:56:43 EDT

Coope,

Isaac La Peyrere (in the second half 17th century) developed the idea of
Pre-Adamites in order to deal with the two different creation accounts in
Gen 1 & 2. His idea was that Ch. 1 dealt with humans in general, and Ch. 2
dealt with the Jews. Thus, other problems like where Cain's wife came from
are solved, how come the Chinese seem to have such a long unbroken history
etc.

There are several problems: First, what happened to these pre-Adamites? or
did they simply 'become human' along the way? Second, this approach still
ignores the purpose and genre of the chapters as trying to explain God and
origins. Third, it is anachronistic - still trying to shove modern science
into the text. Fourth, you'd still need humanity to be fanning out of the
middle-east instead of Africa.

Bethany