Re: [asa] Global Warming and creationism in the news

From: j burg <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Sep 05 2008 - 15:16:45 EDT

Here are the vp's specific words on creationism:

""Healthy debate is so important and it's so valuable in our schools.
I am a proponent of teaching both. And you know, I say this too as the
daughter of a science teacher. Growing up with being so privileged and
blessed to be given a lot of information on, on both sides of the
subject--creationism and evolution. It's been a healthy foundation for
me. But don't be afraid of information and let kids debate both
sides."

I don't really have a problem with that, although I think the debates
would be very one-sided.

Here are her words on Global Warming:

""A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state,
because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to
being man-made."

She is a politician, not a scientist. As such, she has probably looked
into this issue only a little. She appears to be a smart lady and I
think she will eventually figure it out.

She does not appear to be an advocate of either creationism or
anti-IPCC. If that happens, all bets are off.

Burgy