Re: [asa] (fall) biological evolution and a literal Adam- logically inconsistent?

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 18:58:26 EDT

Merv said: That is the forced choice, is it not?
I respond: I don't accept that. Binary thinking, in my view, usually
betrays a lack of imagination. I think it's critical to Biblical theology
that the Fall narrative refer to some sort of ontological reality, in
whatever literary form it might be cast. Christ came into the world because
something *really is* wrong; "evil" is foreign to God's good creation; and
the new heavens and new earth will constitue a new ontology that is equally
real.

--
David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law