Re: [asa] (fall) biological evolution and a literal Adam- logically inconsistent?

From: Bethany Sollereder <bsollereder@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 13:32:00 EDT

David,

You ask some great questions. It might seem reasonable to think that God
should reveal technology to people (just as it seems reasonable to YEC's
that he should reveal scientific facts in the Bible). The problem is, he
doesn't. Why, in the Bible, didn't he reveal how to make penicillin? Or
the cure for cancer? Of course, sin may have gotten in the way of our
communication with God, but then shouldn't Jesus have come through with
those things? He had perfect communication with God, and revealed God
perfectly, and yet he did not ride around Palestine in a newly invented
emission free car made entirely from durable yet biodegradable substances.
Nor did he advance medicine, geology, cosmology, or any other "science" of
his day. He simply told us who God is and what he looks like.

Also, if we were looking at the story of the fall, the only thing that could
be termed 'technology' (clothes) comes after the fall, not before.

Bethany