Re: [asa] (fall) biological evolution and a literal Adam-logically inconsistent?

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 11:50:14 EDT

I can understand and respect the way in which those like Whiston argued for
seasons having a human cause though I find them entirely wrong. [I respect
all the theories of the earth of the late 17th century and regard them as
good attempts to understand the history of the earth and universe for their
day. Whiston et al despite his Arianism opened up the way for a Christian
acceptance of deep geological time and is probably a major reason why
geology did not cause a major problem. Here I am in line with Rudwick]

What I cannot understand are Wright's odd remarks on seasons which D
Opderdeck introduced to this forum. I find it very disconcerting.

As for God creating baseball or cricket I have severe doubts as both would
introduce a severe question about theodicy. Of the two I consider the latter
the most serious blot on creation, perhaps because I have rarely encountered
the former and intend to keep it that way. If I were God [which
.........................} I would not have created either.

Michael