Re: [asa] (fall) biological evolution and a literal Adam- logically inconsistent?

From: <kbmill@ksu.edu>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 11:35:37 EDT

Merv stated:

> The evolutionary creationist, I suppose, would see evil more in our
> manner of willful participation that leads to death & suffering more
> than in the mere facts of physical death & pain which, according to
> evolutionary thought existed independently (in a physical sense)
> before
> human responsibility.

Yes, there is plenty of space for human sin to enter in the equation.
Much of the loss of life and suffering related to hurricanes,
earthquakes, etc. is a consequence of human actions and decisions. Why
do we choose to life were we do? How are our buildings designed, and
our communities organized? How do we treat the poor and disadvantaged?
 Who is a most risk from natural disasters, and why? There is much
room for much needed introspection and repentance.

Keith